Wednesday

Body and Soul

I'm trying. No, really. Doing my best. It seems that the Universe has the problem this time.
I had two great interviews with a small local company and earned my offer letter yesterday. Problem is, as Bridget Jones says, when one part of your life starts to go well another falls spectacularly apart. Cue Mr. Darcy, will ya.
I'd like to have a chat.

The pay is good. The hours are good. The drive is four minutes flat in traffic. Their goal, in part, is to take the businesses to the next levels and class up the joint. Heh. I am to be the office manager, and ultimately hire and manage reception, etc.. You know the deal.

So instead of gettin' it all together, signing the papers, and shaking hands, I have a sprained set of muscles in my back, sciatica, an additional 'girl' issue, and my nanny has disappeared into the fricking ether. Yeah yeah, cue the sad music. If it wasn't for the sprain, the lack of sleep, evil resistant bacteria and the need to find another childcare situation I'd get up from this chair and...

But I digress. My son thinks he is mature enough to be at home, alone, after school for an hour and a half. Ditto vacation days, when school is closed. I disagree. Perhaps that is based on the statement he made earlier this week, Hey Carl! party at my house!
Am I being too overprotective?

Next holiday for the boys is March 20, when the giant tooth-rotting Bunny of Doom rides again. Any thoughts? Ideas? Fixes? Solutions?

Nope. Me neither.

No comments: