Thursday

Saying goodbye to Lady Emma Speaks

Well, it's done. The old blog has been deleted and I've moved up and on. I still 'own' the address, and so can use it sometime in the future if I want to do. I'm not sure what I'd do with two blogs (who has the time?) but at least I have the option.
It's interesting to read your own thoughts from a year ago. Do we realize how much happens in the space of a twelve-month? How much of it can we really remember? What stood out, what we'd prefer to forget, what we're proud of.


A few memories:

'I love reading The Age of Innocence. "This tendency he had felt from the first in Madame Olenska. The quiet, almost passive young woman struck him as exactly the kind of person to whom things were bound to happen, no matter how much she shrank from them and went out of her way to avoid them. The exciting fact was her having lived in an atmosphere so thick with drama that her own tendency to provoke it had apparently passed unperceived. It was precisely the odd absence of surprise in her that gave him the sense of her having been plucked out of a very maelstrom: the things she took for granted gave the measure of those she had rebelled against."
~~~
Lady E is oft accused of being a pessimist, but I reject that external judgement. I am an unfortunate idealist.
~~~
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream." -Roald Dahl
~~~
...Today's goal is to begin the outline for my new novel.
~~~
Will Lady Em take up wearing long flowing skirts in bright patterns and huaraches? Lick toads? Probably not, but I may go braless.
~~~
...this is where you could choose to go, or somewhere you could end up.
~~~

Last email from baghdad was the first line of his lordship's daily morning note....

~~~
Sunday I realized two things as I went searching for my neil young unplugged cd; that I couldn't put away my Crosby music, that it would surf the top of my cd case ad infinitum staring at me til I gave it my attention, and that I wanted to play the music I was hearing. I need an acoustic guitar. Badly. My happiness is at stake here.
~~~
Well, here tis...the house. The ceiling fans have been counted, the contract signed, the deal set. Barring any major issues during inspection, we get the keys October 10. Wheeee!

~~~
What can I say about moving that hasn't been said? the house is a wreck, i can't find anything, and my feet don't know the rhythm of the floor plan. we need a new kitchen because the original one was crafted by kobolds. i'm existing on yogurt raisins and turkey sandwiches. my books haven't made their way to the bookshelves -- I feel naked.

~~~
What can I say about the beginning of the second year of my forties? Preferably little.'

No comments: