Sunday

People I've Known

He dated my roommate one night. He dined her, danced her, and tried to seduce her. A tall Canadian with a skinny bod whose futile attempts at weightlifting were laughable. He loved Piper Sonoma, dancing, and her homemade fruit tarts. My roomie said she didn't really want to go out with him that night but that was only because he and I were still going out.

When I was eight, Trisha and I were friends. Her father was a local physician, and thus they lived in a three storied house on an upscale street with big healthy trees. The house had an elevator in it. Trisha sucked her thumb. She played with me because her mother made her do.

You were everything for one long beautiful moment. I was so happy to give my heart over to you. You didn't want it; only you know why. Therein lay my sadness.

My interviewer on Friday. Nice guy, relaxed office. Mike, I gave good interview.

No comments: